Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Spring!

Spring seems to finally be here!! I feel like there has not only been a renewal of things outside, but Jesus has been at work in my heart. I cannot believe that I am where I am today. It utterly shocks me. I drove home today, and I found myself sad to leave Starkville and my friends there...I am considering staying in Starkvegas for Summer school. These things might sound normal to other people, but for me to actually think these things..speaks volumes. I am so incredibly happy right now. I am joyful in all aspects of my life. It has been a long and hard rode to get to where I am now, but I am so thankful.

One of the reasons that I am so happy is due to Pi Phi. When I became a member of the charter class last Spring, I never could have dreamed what God had in store for me. I absolutely love it. I would not be the person I am today without Pi Phi. I have met some of the best people, and I have learned a ton about myself. I just love it. :)

Well..enough of being sentimental..it's finally Spring break!! And even though I have a lesson plan, quiz, and paper due the Monday when I get back from school, it is still going to be nice and relaxing. I am a HUGE family person, and always love spending time with my family..whether it be my immediate family or extended family. I drove home today to spend some time with my dad and brothers. (Btw- my brother was just offered a scholarship to play basketball at Copiah-Lincoln Junior College (CoLin)!! We are so proud of him.) On Saturday, my mom and I are headed down to Baton Rouge! We will be spending a few days with my grandmother and some close family friends down there. I will be going to Galveston with my Nana to see Pops and spend some time with them. They built a beautiful bay house down there, so it will be fun.


Galveston has this place called the Mosquito Cafe. Their Warm Goat Cheese Salad and Chocolate Cake are to.die.for. Seriously. It is the best chocolate cake that you will ever have. I have to go every time we go to Galveston. So I'm pretty excited about getting my family time in over the next week. My mom and I have been wanting to take a trip to B.R. with just the two of us for like 2 years, and we finally can! Something always seems to happen and one of us can never go. Or we always have the rest of our family. It will be fun!

Thanks to Ashley for making my blog so pretty! I really, really appreciate it. I can never figure out how to do things. :) You can go view her blog here. She is so full of wisdom, laughter, and encouragement. I love reading about her and Evy!

No comments:

Post a Comment