Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What A Day!

Today has been such a wonderful, yet bittersweet day. It was my last day at Madison Crossing, and my last day as a MSU student. The day was filled with happy and sad tears. I have so enjoyed my time at Crossing, and I was very sad to leave my awesome students and wonderful team of teachers!



This morning I surprised both of my classes with bringing them donuts. They were happy! :) We then spent the day laughing together and having fun. The kids are going to New Orleans on a field trip on Friday, so they are excited about that as well. After lunch, the kids (and teachers) threw me a surprise party. I was blown away by the thoughtfulness of my students and my parents. A couple of the moms had set up a wonderful buffet of chips and dip, cookies, cake, etc. The students showered me with presents! I think that I could set up my classroom with what they gave me.





I feel honored and blessed to have been apart of their lives. The teachers that I am leaving behind are some of the best people that I know. They have inspired me, encouraged me, and have truly become forever friends. We are going out to dinner tonight one last time as a team, and I can't wait to spend one more night with them. Thank you Madison Crossing for allowing me to grow and become the teacher that I am today. I can now enter my first year of teaching with confidence, grace, and poise. I am so looking forward to what the Lord has in store for me in the next year, but I will never forget the teachers and students from this time of my life.


A huge thank you goes out to all of my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment