Friday, April 29, 2011

Excitement!

Today was such a good day. My mom and I ran errands together, and I had a great time spending time with her. Even though I am living back at home, I feel like I hardly ever see my family! Especially with my back hurting because after school I go lay down to ice it.

I had my appointment with Dr. Hirshman at 9, and my mom wanted to go with me. I am so thankful that he is my doctor because he seems very knowledgable and wants to avoid surgery at all cost! On Tuesday, I had a MRI so he wanted to talk with me about those results. I have two bulging disks, but he said that I might have a tear in one of them. During my trip, he wants me to continue doing my physical therapy stretches. He also told me to get up every 30 minutes on the plane ride and train rides to walk around. He prescribed me a stronger pain medication to get me through the trip. After the appointment, we went to Buffalo Peak. We were a little early, so we stopped at Maison Weiss! We found some great items (including an adorable Tory Burch top) on sale. It was an unexpected find. We ran a few more errands, and then had lunch at the Thai House. I had to stop by the bank to talk to them about going out of the country. Money stresses me out, and I am very anxious about this aspect of the trip. After talking with my bank and with my grandfather, who travels a lot, I feel a little bit better. It was a day full of errands, but it was so great to be able to spend time with my sweet mama.

My back has felt much better this week. Wednesday was the best day, and I felt very little pain all day. It did get a little worse on Thursday because I had a job interview in Yazoo City, so I was in the car for about 1hr 15min. Sitting irritates it, so it has felt pretty bad since then. I am hoping that it stays at the pain level that it is right now (which is about a 4) and that it doesn't get any worse during the trip. Thank you for all of your prayers! I have felt everyones prayers, and I have had a more peaceful spirit this week. I am very thankful that my back is doing better! Please continue praying that it doesn't get any worse.

I am an official graduate of MSU! I was supposed to "walk" at graduation tonight, but since I wasn't able to my family went out to dinner to Babalu in Jackson. We had a great time, and it was fun being all together. These past four years at MSU have flown by, and I am so thankful for my time at that school. It was exactly where the Lord wanted me, and I am thankful that I made it the whole 4 years! Ha.

I can't end this post without mentioning the Royal Wedding!! I recorded it last night, and I haven't had a chance to watch the full wedding. I have seen clips throughout the day, and of course I have seen THE dress. Wow! Kate looked absolutely beautiful. She had that Grace Kelly look to her, and she looked stunning. It is so fun to be apart of this moment in history. I never really understood why so many Americans mourned the loss of Diana, but I completely understand it now. If something were to happen to Will or Kate, I would be devastated! It is so fun to be a part of this moment, and I can't wait to pass along my love for all things royal to my daughter!

I am so so so excited about our trip. For the past few weeks, all I have been able to think about when thinking about the trip is anxiety about my back. I have had a peaceful feeling all week, and I know that is due to all of your prayers. I know that I may be in pain, but I know that the Lord will not give me anything that I can't handle. I have missed Rebekah and Martha this semester, and I am thankful that we get to spend a full 20 days together. We get along so well, and there is no doubt in my mind that this will be the best trip of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment