Thursday, July 29, 2010

Getting Ready

So the next 2 weeks will be probably some of the most important weeks of my life. MSU Recruitment 2010 will be happening. To some people, this is something that is very small in the grand scheme of life. Which I would agree with, but I have put so much of my blood, sweat, tears, joy, and patience into Pi Phi and gosh darn it, I want to see us succeed! This recruitment will be the most important recruitment that MS Gamma sees. I have personally worked so hard for my chapter, and I am excited about these next 2 weeks. I love to refer to these members as "my girls" because in so many ways they are. I tend to take a mothering perspective on every relationship that I have, and I have of course done that with my Pi Phi sisters. I love them and will always be there for them, I want them to succeed at life and will do whatever I can to make that happen. When they fail, I fail. When I fail, they fail. I want my chapter to succeed not only for them, but for me. I am a prideful person, and I want others on campus to see us as a driving force. I want our girls to have good reputations, to love Christ, and to genuinely love Pi Phi.

For a while, I thought that I would never be in a sorority. Turns out that God had other plans (funny how that works out!). Since given the chance to be a Pi Phi, I have thanked God daily (well maybe not daily, but pretty often). I have been able to use the gifts that Jesus gave me in my jobs on exec. I am able to use my administrative skills, learn how to be a better leader, make new friends, socialize, make quick decisions with the wisdom that God gave me, and most importantly glorify Him. Glorifying Him through this job is something that I need to work on. I tend to forget that I am a Pi Phi and have my job as President because of Him. Last semester, I put my job above my relationship with Christ, and I suffered from that. My walk with Jesus suffered, and I am still reaping the consequences.

If any of my friends are reading this (which they probably aren't), I am asking you to please hold me accountable!! I want to put my relationship with the Lord first and foremost in my life.

1 comment: